Large Area Spectroscopy
The combination of high efficiency lenses and detectors ensures the highest sensitivity for large area spectroscopy applications; high-resolution spectra acquired in seconds!
• Maximum chemical detectability
• Six channel electron multipliers for maximum dynamic range
• Twin crystal monochromator for maximum X-ray flux
Small Area Spectroscopy
ESCALAB Xi provides fast and precise small area analysis.
• Small feature analysis from greater than 900 µm to 20 µm
• Source-defined analysis from greater than 900 µm to less than 200 µm
• Lens-defined small area down to less than 20 µm
• Software enabled feature selection via real time iris and image control
Fast Parallel Imaging
Parallel imaging produces rapid, high-resolution XPS chemical images.
• Less than 3 µm chemical imaging resolution
• Small area retrospective spectroscopy less than 6 µm
• Signature free detection system
• Imaging of both large and small features
• Single input lens and analyser for imaging and spectroscopy
• Collection of image stacks for quantitative chemical state imaging
• PCA for composition image analysis
Excellent energy resolution is achieved with the combination of advanced analyzer design and a twin-crystal microfocusing X-ray monochromator.
• Identification and quantification of individual chemical states
• Resolve overlapping peaks and subtle differences in surface chemistry
Insulating samples are easily analyzed using state-of-the-art charge compensation.
• Automated analysis of insulators
• Excellent performance under all analysis conditions
The advanced new ion gun provides high current density even at low beam energy. Auto-tuning of the ion gun ensures optimum crater quality and profiling speed.
• Azimuthal and off-axis sample rotation during profiling
• Full computer control of the ion gun operation modes
• Automated gas handling for etch rate repeatability Angle Resolved XPS
• Software controlled angular resolution ensures optimum repeatability
• Eucentric tilt for constant analysis position regardless of sample thickness
• Direct mechanical drive ensures accuracy and precision of tilt position
• Integrated suite of ARXPS processing tools, including Max-Ent (profile reconstruction) and multilayer thickness calculator
Reflection Electron Energy Loss Spectroscopy
Complementary electronic, structural and phase information can be provided using the ESCALAB Xi+ in-lens electron source.
• Hydrogen identification and quantification for polymers and other materials
• Narrow energy spread and an energy range of 0 to 1000 eV Ion
Reversible polarity lens and analyzer power supplies make ISS a standard feature.
• Channel electron multipliers provide maximum dynamic range while avoiding image detector damage
Ultra-violet Photoelectron Spectroscopy
Rapid, high-resolution UPS measurements are possible with the high-flux UV lamp option.
• Excellent electronics stability and low-energy performance required for work-function measurements
• Mu-metal analysis chamber provides optimum magnetic shielding